Kashmir Backpacking Trip
Hello fellow Travelers, It is the time to visit Jannat-E-Kashmir. Let’s Ready to explore the beauty of heaven on earth. Don’t worry about budget, yes we are going on a backpacking trip. This is a 4 days trip & in these 4 days, we explore the beauty of Kashmir, Villages, and lifestyle in Dal lake, traditional food “Kashmiri Wajwan”, horse riding to Kangandori, Snow in Khilanmarg, autumn season in Doodhpathri and lots of other surprise destinations are waiting for you…
Here Is Itinerary-
Arrive at Srinagar – Pick up from airport/ railway station and visit the heart of Srinagar city – Dal Lake. After a refreshment of 20-30 minutes and take a cup of Kahwa (Kashmiri Tea) in a wooden houseboat, we will go for Shikara Ride at Dal Lake and enjoy the markets, villages, park located in the Lake.
After the amazing shikara ride in the Dal Lake, we will go to the market area of Srinagar and do shopping and all.
After shopping, will go to our Houseboat and take dinner. After taking dinner, we will do some evening gossips at the houseboat common area.
Night Stay at Houseboat.
After spending an amazing night in a houseboat in Dal Lake, will start our morning with morning breakfast. This day will visit the Switzerland of India – Gulmarg but this day we will not explore the Gulmarg. Will visit Butapathri which is an offbeat destination just 30 km far away from the Gulmarg and enjoy our day in a local village of Kashmir and visit an untouched lake of Kashmir. Take our lunch there.
After spending half of the day there, we will move to Strawberry valley, it is also an offbeat place near to Gulmarg. From here, you can see the mesmerizing view of snowy Mount Apharwat.
Dinner & Bonfire there, stay in a dome tent (Sleeping bag and Mattress will provide by us). Also, we enjoy the mesmerizing view of Milkyway in the sky, if the weather will clear.
This day we will enjoy the snow. The morning start from Travel, we travel to Gulmarg from Strawberry Valley and then take the breakfast and refreshment.
Visit Seven Spring (Also Known as KanganDori) by Horse. Yes, we will learn the horse-riding as well. From Seven Spring we will do a short trek of 20-30 minutes to Khilanmarg (Mount Apharwat Base Camp). It will be the snowy way (Depends on the weather, maybe we will enjoy the live snowfall). On this trek, we don’t need to take our bag with us.
After enjoying the snow, will come back to Seven Spring and take lunch there and move back towards Gulmarg ground area. (You can go to Upside as well by cable car, the ticket will be around Rs 800 for both sides).
Explore the Gulmarg ground area. You can do the ATV ride in Gulmarg by own. Pitch our tents in Gulmarg ground area and take rest for 1 hour. After taking a short nap, will take dinner and do some evening gossips over a bonfire.
After wake up on next day, will take the breakfast at Gulmarg and moved towards the Doodhpathri.
Doodhpathri is known as the valley of milk, because of high waves of floating water there. The way to Doodhpathri attracts visitors. Will enjoy the mesmerizing view of the mount sunshine peak from here and take our lunch there.
After spending around 2 hours in Doodthpathri, will move back towards Srinagar and drop you back to Airport, Railway Station, Bus Stand or hotel.
It’s time to say bye to the new friends and share the pictures with all.
We bring DSLR, GoPro and other cameras for photography and videos, so don’t be worry about it.
- Pick up and Drop to Airport or railway station.
- Shikara Ride at Dal Lake
- 3 nights Stay on sharing basis
- Tour Guide/ Trek Guide
- All Meals mention in Itinerary
- Horse Riding in Gulmarg
- First – Aid Kit for any emergency.
- ATV Ride If you do in Gulmarg
- Snow Ski or Sledge ride If you do in Gulmarg
- Gondola Ride If you do in Gulmarg
- Any Alcohol and Wines.
- Travel Insurance
- Porter if needed & hired.
- Any Extra meals or Snacks or juice or water that you purchase.
- Anything which is not part of the inclusion.
Activities We Do in This Trip-
- Shikara Ride in Dal Lake
- Short Hike to Lake in Butapathri
- Camping and Bonfire in Strawberry Valley (Also known as Gulmarg Meadows)
- Horse Riding to Seven Spring From Gulmarg and back (Around 13 Km)
- Snow Trekking to Khilanmarg (Depends on Weather)
- Visit Butapathri
- Stay in a houseboat in Dal Lake
- Stay in a tent in Strawberry Valley
- Stay in a wooden hut in Gulmarg
- Enjoy the traditional Thali of Kashmir Wajwan (1 Time).
- Visit Doodhpathri
Rs 8000 from Srinagar to Srinagar
(Rs 3000 you need to pay in advance for booking and rest Rs 5000 you can pay at the time of Departure)
- 10 Days Prior To Departure – 20% Cancellation Charge
- 7 Days Prior To Departure – 40% Cancellation Charge
- 3 Days Prior To Departure – 70% Cancellation Charge
- 24 hours Prior To Departure – 100% Cancellation Charge
For Booking Call or Whatsapp @
– +91 8685999940/ +91 7015750288
Happy Traveling 🙂