If you are planning to visit the Kedarnath Temple from Delhi and searching for how to reach there? This article will help you –
Kedarnath Temple is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of lord Shiva. It is located in the laps of Himalayan range, and is one of the char dhams of Uttarakhand. Kedarnath is a serene town situated in the Rudraprayag district in Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, a very attractive place for pilgrimage and trekking.
There is no direct route to reach Kedarnath from Delhi by flights or trains or buses.
Three options available in your hand are as follows:
How to Reach Kedarnath Temple from Delhi by Road?
If you want to go to Kedarnath Temple by public transport, you can take a bus to reach Haridwar or to Rishikesh from Kashmere Gate inter state bus terminal, Delhi. Plenty of bus options can be chosen from both the places (Haridwar or Rishikesh) to reach Gaurikund (nearest motorable area from Kedarnath).
You can also hire a cab if you want to enjoy the journey at your own whim. After reaching Gaurikund, you have to trek or hire a porter to Kedarnath Temple for approximately 16 km. to reach the temple.
How to Reach Kedarnath Temple from Delhi by Train?
Although, Rishikesh is the nearest railway station but there are no fast trains for the same. So Haridwar railway station is the best option. From there, take a bus or cab to reach Gaurikund.
How to Reach Kedarnath Temple from Delhi by Air?
Jolly Grant airport near Dehradun is the nearest airport to the Kedarnath Temple, well connected to Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune and many other famous cities of India. Taxis are easily available from airport to Gaurikund and then it will be easy to reach Kedarnath Temple by trek or hire a porter. You can also opt to reach Rishikesh via cab to avail bus services.
- Helicopter services have also been recently started to Kedarnath. You have to book them online in advance.
- You can opt for Ponies and Palki for covering the trek distance, prior booking needs to be done for the same at Gaurikund.
Things to Remember:
- For pilgrims, Kedarnath remains open only from the advent of summers in May to the start of winters (October – November).
- Trekking timings are fixed from 4 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. as Dham is located inside the Kedarnath wildlife sanctuary. You have the option of staying in camps, present along the trekking routes.
- People with respiratory issues or any sort of ailments, need to get a check up before heading to Kedarnath as it’s trek is a steep one.
These are all ways to reach Kedarnath Temple easily. I hope you found this article useful to your next journey.