The Harmukh Valley Trek is an early spring trek which we have curated for adventurers
looking to break early this summer. The Oligotrophic Lake Gangbal which is at a distance of
15 kms from Naranag (North of Srinagar in Ganderbal District) is home to many species of
fish including the brown trout. The lake lies at the foothills of Mount Harmukh (the second
highest peak in the vicinity of Kashmir Valley) ; known for its magnificence the peak stands
tall at 5142mtrs (16,870 ft). Harmukh is the mountain from which the world's second highest
peak K2 was discovered during the Great Trigonometric Survey by Thomas Montgomerie in
Drive to Naranag North of Srinagar. We establish a base camp and acclimatize to
the surroundings including sightseeing of Ancient Temples of Shaivism. At night we light a
bonfire followed by the debrief of Trek and a night stay in base camp.
Leave early morning for Trunkhol (3400mtr) from Naranag. A hike of 5 hrs via
Buthshree leads us to a massive green meadow called Trunkhol where we camp for overnight
Conduct a mild hike to Lake Nandansar, it takes us 2.5 hrs to reach the beautiful
Nandansar Lake. We pitch a camp and stay overnight.
Next day we explore Harmukh Vale including Gangbal Lake and adjacent lakes, the
day leaves us with serene scenery to resonate in our minds forever.
We start a descent of 6 hrs which leads us straight to Naranag where we drive back to
● Daily meals (Breakfast Lunch and Dinner) both Veg / Non Veg (day out
● Passes and Permits.
Load ferrying on Ponies.
● Staff (Guide/Trek Leader Cook and Helpers).
● Completion Certificates.
● Lodging in tents and meals for all members of the team for the number of trekking
days mentioned above. All stay will be on a twin sharing basis. Single supplement can
be provided separately.
● Experienced and rescue trained, English speaking trekking guides,
● All National Park permits, camping and trekking fees.
● All porterage charges (Includes porter fees, stay, meals, equipment, etc.) Please note
that a maximum of 15 kgs of luggage is permissible per person for the trek. This
includes porters to carry the personal bags of the clients.
● Medical First Aid in case of minor ailments on the trek, supplementary oxygen.
● Trail pack (snack pack) for the trek days.
● All trekking equipment required tents, sleeping bags(optional), sleeping mats, kitchen
tent, dining tent,camp chairs and toilet tent.
● Completion Certificates.
● Any and all personal expenses incurred outside of the items mentioned in the “Cost
● Any extra items ordered from hotel menus or during the travel..
● Excess stay either before the trek dates or after the trek is over.
● Hiring of extra porters/ponies during the trek.
● Excess boarding and lodging incurred due to bad weather.
● Soft and alcoholic beverages, laundry charges etc.
- Travel Insurance
- 5% GST on Tour Package.